23 April 2010

Shakii the Wolf Music

A long time ago, I found a demo of an MS-DOS game called Shakii the Wolf.

The game itself, while mildly charming, was pretty terrible - except for the music, which I loved. The songs from the game reminded me strongly of the classic 16-bit Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo games I grew up with.

Fortunately, even though it was a demo, the soundtrack contained (as far as I can tell) all of the game's music. At the time, I had none of this new-fangled computer internet gadgetry you kids are so fond of, and I ended up dubbing the music to audio cassette.

I haven't been able to find the music online anywhere, so I guess it's up to me to provide a source. Here's a YouTube playlist of the entire soundtrack, ripped directly from my dusty old mix tapes! Don't worry; the sound quality is still reasonable.

This one is probably my favourite track in the game.

Sadly, I have no idea who composed the soundtrack, as I don't have the full version of the game, and I can't find the info anywhere, either. If you know anything about it, please drop by in the comments and let me know.

P.S. Seriously, don't click this link. =P

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for the comment. Glad to know I've reminded you of some happy memories.

      I have since learned of more of the same composer's work, for the games Illusion Blase (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOWKOVHjiKBSB7wnUs61NKQZDiHcf6Yz5) and Pee & Gity (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL46A8B647AFD3191D).

      Delete